Thursday, April 10, 2014

Recipe - Swiss Buttercream-

Oh my goodness... you guys are going to LOVE how easy this is!


First off.. there's this AMAZING site full of DIYs called Craftsy.
Since I've been doing some baking I thought I'd try their site. 
They also have an app for iPhone's.. not positive about Androids though. 
I found a class by Joshua John Russell called Modern Buttercream.
It was FREE! You read that correctly..F-R-E-E!
I have also taken a couple classes that I paid for..no difference in the content of the classes that I could tell. I did read that the instructor only chats in the paid classes, but I didn't feel like that turned me away from any class anyways.

Back to the recipe, for a newby this is super easy.

Ingredients:
8 egg whites (about 1 c.)
1c. granulated sugar
6 sticks unsalted  butter (3c.) at room temp.
1 c. confectioner's sugar (sifted)
1 pinch salt
2 Tablespoons vanilla extract

Directions:
Over a double boiler, heat the whites and granulated sugar and salt, whisking constantly until all the sugar is dissolved. 
**Heat slowly or your eggs will scramble.

Place mixture in stand mixer and whip on high until a peak forms and the mixture is cool, about 5 minutes.
Turn the mixer to medium speed and add the softened butter a little at a time. 
Add the powdered sugar and vanilla and mix.
Lastly, add your coloring.

I suggest taking the class because of the video. It was so nice to start and stop my mixer when he does plus he has so many tips and pointers. 
The best part... assembling your cake and eating it!

Modern Buttercream Class

Let me know how yours turns out!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Oklahoma Women Bloggers
Read more at http://www.oklahomawomenbloggers.com/#3u4ZZvhMrvAVvIh4.99
 

SITE DESIGN BY FABULOUS K