Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Foodie Post - Review of Kale Chips

I'll be the very first to admit that I can't cook that good.
I'm not that inventive with my food at home. My husband is super picky, so if he doesn't like something more than likely my four year old will pretend he doesn't like it either.

Since I've been on my "health food" journey the last 6 months or so, I've discovered Kale.
I would have normally never eaten Kale until I went on a juice fast, which I highly recommend for anyone who needs a reboot of energy!

I started by buying Walmart Kale and washing it, then I got into organic produce and Whole Foods carries a much bigger variety. Anyway, I would put a little olive oil and sea salt on it and put it in my small convection oven until it turned crispy. You can look up youtube videos on how to do it if you don't know how, like pulling the leaves from the stem,etc.
Those are delicious! My sons even loved it.

Then I found a site selling bags of it with different flavors and thought I'd give it a shot!
I received 3 large packages (I'm assuming the packaging was recycled, or at least it seemed that way.) Three different delicious flavors: cheese, jalapeno, and some other kind that mentioned hazelnut but didn't taste like hazelnut.
These are really really rich if you ask me, but they are still delicious.
If you are on the go like me, definitely better than a bag of chips/fries, etc.

I personally like mine better, but I like the bitter taste of plain kale, I guess.

Let me know if you have any recipes for Kale, I'd love to try them!

Bless you ladies :)

Kayla

3 comments:

  1. I love kale chips :) Great to hear these are good.

    http://therealfoodrunner.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband is a picky eater too (although he denies it)! As I read more about clean eating, kale comes up all the time. I may have to try these. I know I've seen pinterest recipes using kale as well! (That rhymed! Haha!) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Oklahoma Women Bloggers
Read more at http://www.oklahomawomenbloggers.com/#3u4ZZvhMrvAVvIh4.99
 

SITE DESIGN BY FABULOUS K