Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Mean Girls

Catchy title eh?

I was recently submerged into Beth Moore's bible study Esther. 
Although I did the study several years ago with her (not actually with her but via dvd) but this time it hit me in a different spot. I'm only on session 4 or so, but she was talking about mean girls somewhere along the way.

Unfortunately (or fortunately, whichever.) I'm not going to be talking about Esther today, I'm going to talk about us ladies. I feel qualified because I am one. We all know the mean girl, the one everything is ALWAYS about. We know the girl that is so self absorbed she posts pictures of all the new clothes she just went out and bought while we haven't shopped in months.
Most memorable mean girl in my mind is the one who wears revealing clothing around our husbands, just to see if he will look.
Beth Moore dares to say in her study, "Keep your breasts to yourself". I found this hilarious, but then it hit me! This is so true ladies. Your goods are for your husband only. And to take that to the next step, if you do that in front of my husband then I turn into the mean girl! Let's skip that part of the story.

But the mean girl I want to talk about today is the one in the mirror. Oh yes, I said it.
I don't show it. I'm not purposely mean, but down in my heart I feel it sometimes.
When someone gets a new vehicle, or they don't have baby puke or snot on their cute clothes like I do. When they brag that their husband stayed up all night with the teething baby I feel like I could totally lose it.
How about the secret competition between us ladies? Who dresses cuter, which kids are smarter, more athletic, which one walked sooner?
Am I reaching anyone ?
We are ALL women, women of faith. God did not make us men for a reason!
The next time you are on Facebook, Twitter, a blog, etc and you feel your heart's jealousy.. remember that when someone's grass seems greener on the other side, start watering yours!
Every single one of us has a purpose and yours may be vastly different than your girlfriends. That being said, we all have trials. Each of us carries burdens not intended for us to carry, each has a heavy heart for some reason.
Let's encourage one another, love one another, pray for one another.
If a lady seems to be "doing more" for God's kingdon than you, and you feel down about that..ask her what you can help with. You may be the blessing she has prayed for.
We are all here for the same ultimate reason, to bring Glory to our Father and bring those far from Christ near.

Be with me as an encourager this week, love your lady friends, be a friend.
Don't be the mean girl.

Blessings ladies! Happy Wednesday (which I thought was initially Tuesday! haha)

Kayla

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oklahoma Women Bloggers
Read more at http://www.oklahomawomenbloggers.com/#3u4ZZvhMrvAVvIh4.99
 

SITE DESIGN BY FABULOUS K