Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Something small, something big

I want to breifly touch on something sensitive today that has been pressed on my heart lately.

Years back, as I was maturing (and I still am), I started noticing that the more I asked God for help, the more He cleansed me.
A cleansing is not fun, it is meant to purify your heart. Sometimes that means pulling things out of your deepest, darkest closet.

Lately, as I have dug more into the Word and become more involved with spiritual friends and more involved in church; I feel like I'm cleansing again. 
You have to look deep inside yourself to become greater for God.
 "Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can you, unless you abide in me." John 15:4

Any part of your life that is not producing life, light, productivity, joy, and radiating God's love through you should be "pruned". Toxic relationships, tv shows, music, etc.
Don't get me wrong, no one is perfect. But if you are looking for a more meaningful relationship with our Almighty, you must abide in Him.
I looked up abide at www.m-w.com to give us a clearer picture of what He is asking when He said "abide in me".

 to wait for : await

2a : to endure without yielding : withstand
b : to bear patiently : tolerate <cannot abide such bigots>
3: to accept without objection <will abide your decision>

: to remain stable or fixed in a state

2: to continue in a place
 
Some words in this definition stick out to me- endure, patiently, remain, accept without objection.
If God has lead you to a certain direction in your life, and you are supposed to abide
 in Him.. Does that mean you won't endure trial? Absolutely not. Everyone will face trials, but are your trials going to be worth the reward? We can bank on that.
 
Patiently- boy do I struggle with this one. Let's skip this one, we'll come to patience another day. :)
To accept without objection- Can we all just agree God certainly knows more than us? I know as a woman I feel like I'm right ALL the time, but when it comes to God I've got to learn He knows infinitely more than me. I am trying to learn not to object when He leads me somewhere.
To remain stable or to continue in a place-  Let's just say I'm not stable and I usually can't stay in a fixed state of emotions. But I think we could take this part of the defiinition a step further, staying constantly and stable in the Word. Say what you mean and mean what you say.
 
This week my goal is to abide in Him, and cut off what branches are not producing fruit. I want my life to reveal God in the most gracious ways. I want His joy to radiate through me, and shine on others.
Girls, remove those vines that are not bearing fruit. Ask God to cleanse your heart. If you need prayer during this process, please contact me.
 
Spring cleaning in the Fall, who knew?
 
Kayla
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oklahoma Women Bloggers
Read more at http://www.oklahomawomenbloggers.com/#3u4ZZvhMrvAVvIh4.99
 

SITE DESIGN BY FABULOUS K